It’s never easy to realize a senior loved one can no longer live completely independently and needs some assistance. But in order to provide the best quality of life possible, some seniors will need a companion or other caregiver to help them stay in their own home. Seniors may also require help with maintaining their home, especially if they are aging in place in their own house. Here are some possible signs that you need to hire a senior care worker.
Signs Your Senior Needs Help at Home
- Spoiled food that does not get thrown away
- Missing important appointments
- Unexplained bruising
- Difficulty getting up from a seated position
- Difficulty with walking, balance, and mobility
- Uncertainty and confusion when performing once familiar tasks
- Unpleasant body odor
- Infrequent showering or bathing
- A strong smell of urine in the house
- Noticeable decline in grooming habits and personal care
- Dirty house, extreme clutter, and dirty laundry piling up
- Stacks of unopened mail or an overflowing mailbox
- Late payment notices, bounced checks, and calls from bill collectors
- Poor diet or weight loss
- Loss of interest in hobbies and activities
- Changes in mood or extreme mood swings
- Forgetting to take medications, or taking incorrect dosages
- Unexplained dents and scratches on a car
Whatever type of help your senior needs, family caregivers cannot do it alone. That’s where we come in. Our senior care companion services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer on-call, temporary, part-time, or full-time options to meet your specific needs.
Contact us at (518) 348-0400 and let us know how we can make your life easier.