The Super Ten, Play-it-Safe Rules for Kids and Grownups!
- I AM THE BOSS OF MY BODY!
- I know my NAME, ADDRESS, & PHONE NUMBER, and my parents’ names too. (Don’t forget: kids need to know their parents’ cell phone numbers!)
- Safe Grownups Don’t Ask Kids for Help!! (They go to other grownups if they need assistance).
- I never go ANYWHERE or take ANYTHING from someone I don’t know.
- I must “CHECK FIRST” with my safe-smarts grownup for permission: before I go anywhere, change my plans, or get into a car even if it’s with someone I know. If I can’t check first, then the answer is NO!
- Everybody’s bathing suit areas are PRIVATE.
- I don’t have to be POLITE, if someone makes me feel scared or uncomfortable. It’s okay to say NO… even to a grownup, if I have to.
- I don’t keep SECRETS… especially if they make me feel scared or uneasy. (No adult should tell a child to keep a secret.)
- If I ever get LOST in a public place, I can FREEZE & YELL or go to a Mom with Kids and ask for help.
- I will always pay attention to my Special Inner Voice, especially if I get an “uh-oh” feeling.